Without the proper configuration, IIS will throw the error below wheneven you try to use net.tcp:
The protocol ‘net.tcp’ is not supported
Below is the configuration on how you can enable net.tcp in IIS 7.
1. Add WCF Activation, to do this go to Server Management -> Features -> Click Add Features
2. After installing the WCF Activation it may throw an error:
Could not load type ‘System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpModule’ from assembly ‘System.ServiceModel, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089’
To fix it, open the command prompt (Run as administrator) and enter the ff:
3. Issue an iireset on command prompt.
4. Go to the Web Site -> Right Click -> Edit Bindings – > Click Add, in the type select net.tcp and in the binding information set it to 808:*
5. Go to the Web Site -> In the Actions Pane click Advance Settings -> In the Behavior change it to http,net.tcp.
Repeat steps for every WCF Service Application (Virtual Directories) under the Web Site.